- The Ministry of Textiles is implementing ‘Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (ATUFS)’ with effect from 13.01.2016, for a period of seven years.
- While ATUFS covers Capital Investment Subsidy (CIS), earlier schemes of TUFS had provisions both for interest reimbursement as well as Capital Subsidy.
- Further ATUFS is targeted towards focused segments like garmenting and made-ups with additional 10% subsidy.
- The segments which have achieved desired level of modernization, i.e. spinning etc., have been excluded under ATUFS.
- TUFS is a Central Sector Scheme being implemented on pan India basis.
- However, under the Scheme subsidy is given to the units/entities through nodal financial institutions and not through the state govt.