- Union Minister of Mines, Piyush Goyal oversaw the launch the Transparency, Auction Monitoring and Resource Augmentation (TAMRA) Portal and Mobile Application, developed by the Ministry of Mines.
- It was simultaneously launched across 12 mineral rich States.
- Goyal also made an important announcement that the Government is planning on bringing amendments to mining rules.
- The aim is to bring transparency in award of exploration and mining licences for the 100 identified off-shore mineral blocks soon.
- TAMRA has an objective to enhance transparency and accountability, as a part of the Ease of Doing Business in the Mining sector.
- TAMRA is a step to speed up mining activity in India and facilitate all the stakeholders to track the status of the statutory clearances associated with mining blocks for getting mines to reach till operationalisation for the same.
- It will be an interactive platform for all the stakeholders to compress the timelines for statutory and other clearances as it would help minimize the gestation period for commencing production.
- TAMRA will also send triggers to the concerned authority so that the remedial steps can be taken immediately by those responsible.
- The Ministry of Mines will also receive triggers generated by TAMRA, which will facilitate in expediting clearances in case the timelines set against each of the statutory clearances are not met.
- Further, the status of each of the clearances will be reflected on the portal.
- TAMRA also enables the successful bidder to give suggestions and other inputs for improving the current process of issuing Statutory clearances in the Mining Sector.
- This would help to establish a participative and informative network among all stakeholders,
- TAMRA covers block-wise, state-wise and mineral-wise information of the mines to be auctioned.
- It also monitors various statutory clearances, and highlights the additional resources generated through e-auction.
- Further, he also informed that e-auctions have successfully been concluded for 21 mineral blocks put up for auction by various State governments .