- The 17th India Russia Annual Summit will be held in Goa today. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold restricted talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Goa as part of 17th India Russia Annual Bilateral Summit. This will be followed by delegation level talks between India and Russia. Both leaders will review the entire gamut of India-Russia relations in their bilateral talks with emphasis on defence and nuclear cooperation.
- Terrorism and improving connectivity between the two countries will also figure in the talks. A wide range of announcements are expected after the meeting. Both leaders will also witness the laying of the Foundation Concrete of the 3rd and 4th units of Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant.
- Prime Minister is scheduled to hold meetings with Chinese President Xi Jinping and President of South Africa Jacob Zuma later in the day on the sidelines of the BRICS Summit and BIMSTEC Outreach Meeting. Our correspondent reports the stage is set for the two day BRICS Summit in Goa.
World leaders have started arriving in Goa as the coastal state gears up to host leaders from eleven countries.
- The BRICS Financial Forum is underway where New Development Bank’s President K V Kamath will deliver the keynote address.
- The Brics Business Council Meeting will take place in the evening where a report of recommendations will be presented on social services agreement between BRICS members among other issues. BRICS Summit will start with an informal dinner tonight.The main events will take place tomorrow, with a restricted meeting of the five BRICS leaders. Prime Minister Modi will chair the BIMSTEC meeting, followed by a meeting of BRICS and BIMSTEC leaders.