- A new species of Himalayan moth (Eucyclodes gavissima) has been discovered in Papikonda National Park.
- India has 1,318 known variety of butterflies and most of them still need to be studied further.
Papikondalu National Park:
- It is located in East Godavari and West Godavari districts of Andhra Pradesh.
- Wildlife includes mammals like tigers, leopards, sambar and spotted deer and Indian bison.
- People of this region used to see wild water buffalo here till 1980s, but it appears they are now extinct in this region.
Coring Wildlife Sanctuary:
- a wildlife sanctuary and estuary situated in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- It is the second largest stretch of mangrove forests in India with 24 mangrove tree species and more than 120 bird species. It is home to the critically endangered white-backed vulture and the long billed vulture.
- The sanctuary is a part of the Godavari estuary and has extensive mangrove and dry deciduous tropical forest.
Source:TH & Wiki