- The ‘Adopt A Heritage: Apni Dharohar, Apni Pehchaan’, a scheme launched on 27th September 2017.
- It is a collaborative effort by the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), State/UTs Governments.
- It envisages the development and maintenance of tourist amenities at heritage sites and making them tourist friendly, to enhance tourism potential and cultural importance in a planned and phased manner.
- The project primarily focuses on providing basic amenities that include cleanliness, public conveniences, safe drinking water, ease of access for tourists, signages, illumination, Wi-Fi etc.
- No fund is given by Ministry of Tourism.
- The Project envisages involvement of Private/Public Companies / Organizations and Individuals to adopt Monuments, Natural Heritage Sites and other Tourist Sites in the country, primarily under CSR.
- Archaeological Survey of India has identified 100 monuments as “Adarsh Smarak” for upgradation of existing facilities/amenities like Wi-Fi, cafeteria, interpretation center, brail signage, modern toilets etc. on the basis of actual requirement and feasibility on the case to case basis.
LIST OF MONUMENTS/SITES IDENTIFIED AND ADOPTED BY COMPANIES
|Sl.No.||Agency/Monument Mitras||Sl.No.||Name of Monument||State|
|1.||Dalmia Bharat Ltd.||1.||Red Fort|| Delhi|
|2.||Gandikota Fort|| Andhra Pradesh|
|2.||Adventure Tour Operators Association of India||3.||Area surrounding Gangotri Temple and Trail to Gaumukh||Uttrakhand|
|4.|| Mt. Stok Kangri Trek, Lakakh|
| Jammu and Kashmir|
|3.|| Apeejay Park Hotels|
|4.|| Bliss Inns|
|5.||Yatra Online||7.||Qutub Minar||Delhi|
|9.||Leh Palace, Leh||Jammu & Kashmir|
|10.||Hampi (Hazara Rama Temple)||Karnataka|