- After the very successful launch of the inaugural edition last year, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India is now organizing the second edition of ‘Advantage Health Care India 2016 (AHCI 2016)’, an International Summit on Medical Value Travel with the aim of ‘Promoting Healthcare Services Exports from India’, scheduled from 3 – 5 October, 2016 at India Expo Centre & Mart, Greater Noida.
- AHCI is an initiative of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India in association with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and Service Export Promotion Council(SEPC). The event is being supported by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Ministry of AYUSH, Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Tourism, Government of India and NABH.
- The medical value travel industry has emerged as one of the fastest growing segment of tourism industry despite the global economic downturn. India is emerging as a preferred healthcare destination for patients across the globe. Growing at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27%, the inflow of medical tourists in India is likely to cross 3.2 million in 2015. World class treatment and state of the art hospitals in India have created a very favorable atmosphere for patients with varying degrees of illness to avail the best facilities for their treatment.
The objective of this international summit is to promote India as a Premier Global Healthcare Destination and to enable streamlined medical services exports from India. This underlying objective is a unique conglomeration of 5Ts, namely
- Tradition – promoting AYUSH and wellness industry
- Technology – promoting technologically advanced medical treatment in India
- Tourism – encouraging people to travel to India for medical value reasons
- Talent – showcasing globally renowned Indian talent in healthcare sector
- Trade – creating unique B2B institutionalized linkages
AHCI is the first ever International Summit on Medical Value Travel being organized in India for promoting services exports from India, and will bring together stakeholders from 67 countries, first such initiative in the Indian Subcontinent. The Summit is an opportunity to interact, network and collaborate through the hosted buyer’s program, the exhibition, the conference along with regional forums as well as the visits to some of the world class hospitals in Delhi and NCR.