Skip to content
- Agenda 21 is a non-binding action plan of the United Nations with regard to sustainable development.
- It is a product of the Earth Summit (UN Conference on Environment and Development) held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in 1992.
- It is an action agenda for the UN, other multilateral organizations, and individual governments around the world that can be executed at local, national, and global levels.
- The “21” in Agenda 21 refers to the 21st Century.
- Although it is also the area code for Greater Rio de Janeiro, plus Teresópolis and Mangaratiba in the countryside.
- It has been affirmed and had a few modifications at subsequent UN conferences.
Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)
error: Content is Protected !!