- Recently Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare launched the online software for Agmark.
- The application processes related to Agmark certification are being done online by the Directorate of Marketing & Inspection (DMI).
- The process of application will be simple, quick, transparent and 24×7.
- Online system is being implemented across the country to conduct quality control functions.
- Through the Agmark online system, certificate of authorisation (domestic), permission of printing press, permission of laboratories (domestic) and services related to laboratory information management system will be provided online.
- The use of modern technologies by the National Informatics Center has made these processes easy, reliable and cost effective by providing online electronic mode.
- AGMARK is a certification mark employed on agricultural products in India, assuring that they conform to a set of standards approved by the Directorate of Marketing and Inspection, an agency of the Government of India.
- The AGMARK is legally enforced in India by the Agricultural Produce (Grading and Marking) Act of 1937 (and ammended in 1986).
- The Agmark certification is employed through fully state-owned Agmark laboratories located across the nation which act as testing and certifying centres.