APCERT is coalition of CERTs (Computer Emergency Response Team) and CSIRTs (Computer Security Incident Response Teams) located in Asia Pacific region.
- It operational mandate is to contribute to the Internet security with in the region, based on information sharing, trust and cooperation.
- It aims to help create a safe, clean and reliable cyber space in the Asia Pacific Region through global collaboration.
- Currently, APCERT consists of 30 Operational Members from 21 economies and 3 Supporting Members.
- Any CSIRT from Asia Pacific Region, who is interested to furthering the objectives of APCERT, will be allowed to join as APCERT members after meeting all member accreditation requirements.
Recent in News:
The 15th Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team (APCERT) Conference was held in New Delhi.
- It is first ever conference to be held in India and South Asia.
- The conference was organised by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under the aegis of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
- The theme of conference was “Building Trust in the Digital Economy”.
All about CERT-In
- It is a nodal government agency that deals with cyber security threats like hacking and phishing in India.
- It is nodal department under the aegis of Union Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
- According to the provisions of the Information Technology Amendment Act 2008, CERT-In is responsible for overseeing administration of the Act.
Source: PIB & Wiki