- The International Centre of Automotive Technology (ICAT) is developing a technology platform for the automotive industry called ASPIRE – Automotive Solutions Portal for Industry, Research and Education.
About the Portal
- The Portal is expected to help in developing a strong and self-reliant automotive industry in India which is in tune with the vision of Make in India and Atmanirbhar vision of the Government of India.
- The Portal is being developed in line with the initiative by the Department of Heavy Industry (DHI)under the Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises.
- Its objective to enhance the technological capability of Indian automotive sector through exchange of knowledge & expertise, in order to make them self-reliant and to facilitate the growth of the automobile sector and overall socio-economic progress of the country.
- It will facilitate the Indian auto industry, R&D institutions and academia (colleges & universities) to come together for R&D, technology development, shop floor/quality/warranty issue’s resolution, expert opinions on issues involving technology advancements.
- The portal will also host grand challenges in line with the need of the industry as will be identified from time to time, for development of key automotive technologies.