- A new scheme named ‘Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna’ for Insured Persons (IP) covered under the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 has been approved by the ESIC.
About Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna
- It aim is to financially aid people who lost jobs because of the changing employment patterns
- Insured persons covered under Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 for period of two years continuously.
Details of the scheme
- The benefit under the scheme will be payable in cash directly to bank account of insured persons in case of unemployment.
- It will be provided to the beneficiaries even while searching for jobs.
- The money will be paid from their own contribution towards ESI scheme, in cash through bank account transfer.
- The scheme will be applicable to all factories and establishments employing at least 10 workers.
- Workers will be able to draw 47% of their total contributions towards ESIC after remaining unemployed for at least three months from date of leaving their previous jobs.
- They have an option to get the amount as whole or in installments.
About Employee State Insurance (ESI)
- It is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers.
- It is managed by Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) according to rules and regulations stipulated there in the ESI Act 1948.
- It is a statutory autonomous corporation under the Ministry of Labour and Employment.