Recently, the Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has launched an automated fuelling technology UFill to ensure that its customers have a better experience at outlets.
What is an automated fuelling technology UFill?
- The technology provides the customer with control of fueling with the dispensing unit getting automatically pre-set for the value of fuel paid for by him/her in advance and eliminates any manual intervention at the point of sale.
- Thus, no need to check zero before fuelling or final reading, the dispensing unit will automatically dispense the exact quantity of fuel.
- UFill functionality, which has been described as swift, secure and smart, has been launched in 65 cities and will soon be launched across the country.
- It does not need any app download, and is payment app agnostic.
- Customer can use any payment app already downloaded on his/her phone.
- It offers real time QR and voucher code through SMS and is accepted at all BPCL Fuel Stations where the functionality is enabled.
- UFill aims to improve customer’s turn-around time (TAT) at fuel outlet and increase transactional transparency, thereby providing enhanced retail like experience.
- The technology provides the customer with control of fuelling as well as touch less pre-payment solution.
- There is no need to check zero before fuelling or final reading, the dispensing unit will automatically dispense the exact quantity of fuel.
Economy Current Affairs UPSC 2022: Click Here