- Negotiations on the stalled Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar (BCIM) Economic Corridor are set to resume next week in Kolkata.
- The BCIM economic corridor is an ambitious undertaking that hopes to connect Kolkata with Kunming, capital of the Yunnan province.
- It envisages formation of a thriving economic belt, focusing on cross-border transport, energy and telecommunication networks.
- Starting from Kunming, the route passes through nodal points, such as Mandalay and Lashio in Myanmar.
- It heads towards Kolkata after passing through Manipur and Silchar, before crossing Bangladesh via Sylhet and Dhaka, with branches extending to the ports of Cox’s Bazar and Chittagong.
Source: The Hindu