- Bio-energy Technology Collaboration Program is an international platform for co-operation among countries with the aim of improving cooperation and information exchange between countries that have national programmes in bioenergy research, development and deployment.
- Bioenergy TCP works under the framework of International Energy Agency (IEA).
- The primary goal of joining IEA Bioenergy TCP is to facilitate the market introduction of advanced biofuels with an aim to bring down emissions and reduce crude imports.
- Government of India is joining IEA’ Bioenergy TCP as its 25th member.
- Shared costs and pooled technical resources.
- The duplication of efforts is avoided and national Research and Development capabilities are strengthened.
- Information exchange about best practices, network of researchers and linking research with practical implementation.
- Engagement with International Agencies
- Bio-char reduces the acidity of the soil, protects the plants from diseases, promotes growth of friendly micro organisms, and reduces the loss of micro nutrients apart from increasing water retain-ability.
- Use of bio-char in the growing medium and the aerated activated compost tea as nutritional supplement has been a huge success.