- The Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) BIO 2017 is being held in the San Diego Convention Centre, San Diego.
- The BIO International Convention is the largest global event for the biotechnology industry and attracts the biggest names in biotech, offers key networking and partnering opportunities, and provides insights and inspiration on the major trends affecting the industry.
- The event features keynotes and sessions from key policymakers, scientists, CEOs, and celebrities.
- The Convention also features the BIO Business Forum (One-on-One Partnering), hundreds of sessions covering biotech trends, policy issues and technological innovations, and the world’s largest biotechnology exhibition – the BIO Exhibition.
- The first BIO International Convention was held in 1993 and attracted approximately 1,400 attendees.
- The BIO International Convention is hosted by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO). BIO represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations.
- BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products.
- BIO performs many services for members, but none of them are more visible than the BIO International Convention.
- The BIO International Convention helps BIO fulfill its mission to help grow the global biotech industry. Profits from the BIO International Convention are returned to the biotechnology industry by supporting BIO programs and initiatives.
- BIO works throughout the year to create a policy environment that enables the industry to continue to fulfill its vision of bettering the world through biotechnology innovation.
- The key benefits of attending the BIO International Convention are access to global biotech and pharma leaders “BIO One-on-One Partnering”, exposure to industry though-leaders with over “1,500 education sessions” at your fingertips, and unparalleled networking opportunities with 16,000+ attendees from 76 countries. India is taking part in the BIO 2017.