- A variety of Black rice or purple rice recently has gained popularity in Assam.
- It was recently sown by the local farmers for the first time in Barak Valley.
- It is also known as world super food because of its high nutrition value, unique texture and intriguing nutty äavor.
- It is known for its powerful disease-fighting antioxidants and also contains dietary fiber, anti-inflammable properties.
- It has the ability to help stop the development of diabetes, cancer, heart disease and even weight gain.