- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) granted First Licence to M/s Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd for Liquid Chlorine on All India basis.
About Liquid Chlorine:
- This product is in liquid form and stored in metal containers.
- It is usually used as a gas obtained by evaporating the liquid from the metal container.
- The move will facilitate industry to get a quality Liquid Chlorine with Standard Mark under BIS Certification Marks scheme.
Application of Liquid Chlorine:
- It is used mainly in paper, pulp, textile bleaching, water sterilization and manufacture of chemicals.
Bureau of Indian Standards:
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is the national Standards Body of India working under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India.
- It is established by the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986.
- Its headquarters are in New Delhi.
- It also works as WTO-TBT (Technical Barriers to Trade) enquiry point for India.