- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs gave its approval for removing the prohibition on the export of all types of pulses to give the farmers greater choice in marketing their produce for improved incomes.
- The CCEA (Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs) has approved the removal of prohibition on export of all types of pulses.
About Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs:
- CCEA has a mandate to review economic trends on a continuous basis, as also the problems and prospects, with a view to evolving a consistent and integrated economic policy framework for the country.
- It also directs and coordinates all policies and activities in the economic field including foreign investment that require policy decisions at the highest level.
- Price controls of industrial raw materials and products, industrial licensing policies is undertaken by CCEA
The CCEA also lays down priorities for public sector investment and considers specific proposals for investment of not less than specific levels (Rs. 3 Billion at present) as revised from time to time.
- CCEA facilitates finalization of factual reports on the accomplishments of the Ministries, Agencies and Public Sector Undertakings involved in implementation of prioritized schemes or projects for evaluation by the Prime Minister.
- The CCEA also considers cases of increase in the firmed up cost estimates/revised cost estimates for projects etc. in respect of the business allocated to the CCEA.
- On 2 January 2013, Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure was merged with CCEA.