- The Minister for Commerce and Industry, Shri Suresh Prabhu launched the official website for the Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
- CIPAM has been set up under the aegis of DIPP with a mandate to effectively implement the National Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy.
- The website is interactive providing regular updates on all upcoming events including awareness and sensitization programs being conducted, as also information on all Intellectual Property Rights.
- It would make available resource material on IPRs specially curated for various levels: schools, universities, industry and enforcement agencies.
- The website provides regular updates on the latest IP trends-statistics on applications filed, examined, grants and disposal for various IPRs.
- It would provide information on the various initiatives being taken by the Government to strengthen the IPR regime in the country.