- India International Cherry Blossom festival is scheduled to be held from November 14 to 17 in Shillong, Meghalaya.
- This festival is the world’s only autumn cherry blossom festival.
- The festival is organised by Government of Meghalaya’s Forest & Environment Department as well as by the Institute of Bioresources & Sustainable Development (IBSD) in collaboration with Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
The Aim Of The Festival:
- To celebrate the unique autumn flowering of Himalayan Cherry Blossoms. The Cherry Blossom tree flowers only for a short period in a year.
- The festival will showcase full pink and white cherry blossoms found all along the roadside of the famous Ward Lake.
- Alongside, the festival will also showcase the region’s food, wine and crafts in addition with several cultural events.