China Clones World’s first Goat with superfine wool
- The world’s first cloned goat with superfine Cashmere wool was born in north China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
- The goat will be raised in a center for animal husbandry research conducted by experts from agricultural universities and academies in southwest China’s Yunnan
- Province and Inner Mongolia. Cashmere wool is obtained from Cashmere goats and few other types of goat. The wool fibre is less than 13.8 micrometres thick and is finer and softer than sheep’s wool.
- It is much finer than the average of 15.8 micrometres of the famous Erlang Mountain goats in Inner Mongolia.
- Cloning is a scientific process of creating genetically identical copies of genes, cells, tissues or entire organisms.