Fodder Points for Mains:
IMF chief Christine Lagarde said:
- Closing the gender gap in every aspect of economy is the most efficient way to reduce inequalities.
- The most efficient way to reduce the inequalities would be to actually close the gender gap between men and women, and that is a no—brainer.
- Whether it is access to the labor market, whether it is access to finance, whether it is the gender gap in terms of compensation, that would achieve a lot in order to reduce inequalities.
- A study by the Fiscal Affairs Department demonstrated that, given the significant drop in average tax rate in most advanced countries, increasing the higher brackets would not prejudice growth.
- While reducing excessive inequalities would support growth in some countries, there is only one definite way to spur growth across the world.
- Focusing on the women in all economies in the world would significantly reduce inequalities.