- Speaking about the steps taken by the Union Government for rolling out COVID-19 vaccine, A new digital platform for COVID 19 Vaccination Delivery called ‘CO-WIN’ is being used for this purpose.
- This user friendly mobile app for recording vaccine data is working as a beneficiary management platform having various modules.
- The platform will be used for recording vaccine data and will form a database of healthcare workers too.
- The app will have separate modules for administrator, registration, vaccination, beneficiary acknowledgement and reports.
- Once people start to register for the app, the platform will upload bulk data on co-morbidity provided by local authorities.
- In the process of forming database of Healthcare Workers, which is in an advanced stage across all States/UTs, data is presently being uploaded on the Co-WIN platform.
- Line-listing of Prioritized Population Groups for COVID 19 Vaccination.
- Every single Indian who needs to be vaccinated will be vaccinated. Prioritized Population Groups include about 1 crore Healthcare Workers in both Government and Private Healthcare facilities, About 2 crore Frontline Workers (including personnel from state and central police department, armed forces, home guard, civil defence organizations, disaster management volunteers and municipal workers) and also about 27 crore people in the Prioritized Age Group, which includes those aged above 50 years & those with co-morbidities.