Current affairs is truly the most important aspect in your Civil Services preparation. We can analyse Current affairs from the preliminary exam and the mains point of view.
Be it a question from economics or from polity, it seems UPSC is taking more cautious efforts to link the subject to a current topic. So it is very important for us to know what the term current affairs really mean from UPSC’s point of view and also a thorough analysis of the previous year question papers.
Broadly speaking this shift in the pattern explains the intent of UPSC, which is in the quest to find the finest minds to govern the country. However, for the quest to be fruitful it would be appropriate from the part of UPSC to examine the candidate’s awareness about the society in which he is living. Static knowledge would prove inefficient for such an analysis. Society is dynamic and are subjected to changes. A Civil Servant should have the skills of a barrister and also that of a diplomat in order to cope with the changing society and also show the cognitive skills to coordinate, mobilize arguments and achieve consensus in regard to the execution of his duty. This analytical nature of the duty demands the aspirants to have an analytical mind and awareness of the society. This awareness can be imparted only through a broad reading which is beyond the textbook knowledge.
UPSC questions are interesting and at the same time challenging also. Most of the times, UPSC derives current issues and asks some basic fundamental question, which is tricky to answer.
Questions will be framed from the wide range of Standard and Most followed News Papers like The Hindu, Indian Express, Livemint, Economic Times, Downtoearth, PIB etc.
You can go through this link how UPSC is framing questions directly from the newspapers:
Sthanakvasi – Link
Merchant Discount Rate– Link
Biographies of Mazzini, Garibaldi, Shivaji and Shrikrishna–Link
Chapchar Kut festival –Link
Power to auction non-coal mines– Link
Buland Darwaza– Link
Jean-Baptiste Tavernier –Link
Keeping the above scenario we at IAS ABHIYAN have decided to launch a comprehensive initiative of current affairs and MCQs based on current affairs for the Prelims-2020.
Current Affairs for Prelims-2020
Current Affairs for Prelims starting from June-2017 till May-2020 (03 Years) will be provided through PDF format. Our Current Affairs coverage from different sources was immensely helpful to our 2018 & 2019 subscribers, for which we have introduced the 3rd Phase for the Upcoming UPSC 2020 Examination. Download freely on the below link.
Sources: The Hindu, Indian Express, PIB, Business Standard, Economic Times, Downtoearth etc.
Mock Test for Prelims-2020 based on Current Affairs
We will cover wide range of topics like Polity, National /International Issues, Schemes, Environment, Science and Tech, Economics etc from the current affairs. Monthly Current Affairs Mock Test will be provided starting from June-2018 to April-2020, covering almost 02 years which is a safe side to prepare current affairs basing on this years prelims paper. Each answer will be given in an explanation form which looks like a short notes that will help you in revising too.
Reading & Revising is worthless until and unless you give the mock to know where you stand.
Please make certain things for yourself following our free initiatives like, Important Issues for Mains, Crux of Editorials, Prelims Facts Corner, Inside the PIB, Back to Basics-Prelims, Environment Special, International Organisations, Government Schemes, Topic for Prelims, One Liner Prelims Special etc on a daily basis. We at IAS ABHIYAN like previous year will provide the standard questions in our upcoming test series to deal the unexpected questions which came in 2019 Prelims Exam. Reading and revising will not help until you have made proper documentation. Make sure that whatever we are updating in our current affairs section please make some short notes and revise them on weekly basis, It will help you in two ways, first-Your touch in answer writing and second revision.
Consistency, discipline, perseverance, target oriented, note making quality, broadening your conceptual thinking with different international happenings is the key demand of UPSC. We all know UPSC is unpredictable but prelim is only to qualify not to top the exam. So your preparation must be such like you can easily deal and come to the conclusion for marking the correct option of 55-65 questions only.
Sample of our Test Series on Current Affairs-Download freely on the below link
Subscription Fee (Online)
555/- Rs. 199/- only for Monthly Current Affairs for Prelims (03 Years) and Mock Test Series on Current Affairs for Prelims (02 Years)
Q. Can I download the above mentioned as pdf?
Yes, you can download them as pdf (As all the PDFs will be sent to your subscribed mail id)
Q. I have paid and submitted my details when I will be enrolled?
The Process will be initiated within 48 hours of your subscription.
1. IAS ABHIYAN Crash Course for Prelims-2020 is for the individual only. In case a student (s) is/are found & involved in any violation of copyrights of test series/current affairs, the admission to the programme will stand automatically be cancelled.
2. The Test Series/current affairs will be provided through PDF form only and will be sent to your subscribed mail id. (Please give your correct mail address at the time of subscription.
3. After successful subscription, sent us your Transaction ID /Personal details at firstname.lastname@example.org for taking necessary steps at this end.
4. Fee once paid is non-refundable and non-transferable in all circumstances.
5. IAS ABHIYAN reserves all rights to make any changes in schedule, if need so arises.
6. IAS ABHIYAN reserves all rights related to admission to this course for Prelims-2019. After successful subscription do not create a case (Like Confirmation mail/materials not received etc.) at Instamojo. After confirmation from instamojo we will add your name to our Programme and the tests will be sent positively through your subscribed mail id (PDF Format only-No Hard Copy will be sent). All the materials were not available for download at the time of subscription, so its our humble request to not to create a case at instamojo.
One Special Request from IAS ABHIYAN Team:
- Before Subscribing to our Crash Course on Current Affairs & MCQs for Prelims-2019 be very sure, whether you want to subscribe or not, once you have subscribed to our programme, it takes a lot of effort on our part to provide the best quality current affairs from various sources and mock tests on current affairs. There will be no refund in any case whether partly or fully, We will provide what we have promised above, we have kept the fee to the lowest possible amount to run this website, where we share our free initiatives like Important Issues for Mains, Crux of Editorials, Topic for Prelims, Prelims facts Corner, Inside the PIB and lot more. As a follower of our site, we believe that you will subscribe to this programme and continue to support us.
Thanks and With You Always
IAS ABHIYAN Team