- Reading many strategies and fail to follow any single one
- Lack of planning
- No place for periodical revisions
- Half-heartedness or irregularity in implementation
- Buying too many books or study materials
- Avoid mock practice of Prelims and writing practice of Mains papers
- If buy any mock papers, show lethargy in their practice
- Not choosing the right optional subject
Other hurdles include not referring UPSC syllabus meticulously, devoting too much time on single subject, addiction to social media etc.
The above list of mistakes/hurdles is not exhaustive. Our intention here is to show you some of the common obstacles which individually as well as collectively make impossible your success in Civil Services.
Now forget the above negative list mentioning what not to do. You simply need to focus on what to do to crack the exam, if you’re truly committed to do so.