- The Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative is an international non-governmental organisation formed to support Human Rights and particularly to support the implementation of the Harare Declaration in the countries of the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The headquarters was in London until 1993 when the head office moved to New Delhi.
- In 2001 a regional office was opened in Accra, Ghana.
- The Harare Commonwealth Declaration was a declaration of the Commonwealth of Nations, setting out the Commonwealth’s core principles and values, detailing the Commonwealth’s membership criteria, and redefining and reinforcing its purpose.
- The Declaration was issued in Harare, Zimbabwe, on 20 October 1991, during the twelfth Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting.