- Connect4Climate is a global partnership program launched by the World Bank Group and the Italian Ministry of Environment, Land and Sea, together with the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, that takes on climate change by supporting ambitious leadership, promoting transformative solutions and empowering collective action.
- The Connect4Climate community connects about 500 partners around the world including civil society groups, media networks, international organizations, academic institutions, youth groups, and the private sector.
- Communication for Development has a key role to play in raising awareness and in building coalitions that amplify advocacy efforts among policy-makers, the private sector, and grassroots communities. It is a fundamental tool for sharing knowledge in a culturally sensitive manner and appropriate language, managing expectations, and changing perceptions and attitudes, toward the necessary behavior change.
- It was with these principles in mind that the Ministry of Environment and Territory of the Government of Italy established the Communication for Climate Change Multi-Donor Trust Fund (CCC MDTF) at the World Bank in January 2009. In 2014, the CCC MDTF was honored to announce the addition of a new donor to the Trust Fund program; The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) of Germany.
- Note: “Connect4Climate” and “Communication for Climate Change Multi-Donor Trust Fund (MDTF)” are used interchangeably