- On very hot days, there is now an option of switching from cotton shirts to nanofibre shirts in order to cool off!
- This new textile prepared using 3D-printed fibre was found to have 55% greater cooling effect than cotton. It also exhibited three times higher tensile strength than pure polyvinyl alcohol fabric.
- The nanofibre was made using boron nitride and polyvinyl alcohol.
- Boron nitride is an effective material in thermal management due to its high thermal conductivity.
- Unlike most conventional textile fibres that trap the person’s body heat inside, the new textile allows body heat to pass through the fabric and escape.