Skip to content
The nature of IAS examination is to test the candidate s awareness about the happenings around him/her. It a is test of alertness and awareness and not just knowledge! Students need to be updated on all current issues – regional, national or international. He/She should have sufficient knowledge of current issues which is tested by UPSC at all stages (Prelims, Mains and Interview).
The importance of current affairs is immense. Since 2017, we have proved ourselves to attempt the tricky questions of UPSC through our current affairs and test series programme. Click the below link to know more.
Be it a question from economics or from polity, it seems UPSC is taking more cautious efforts to link the subject to a current topic. So it is very important for us to know what the term current affairs really mean from UPSC’s point of view and also a thorough analysis of the previous year question papers.
What could be the logic behind such a dramatic shift in the pattern of question papers? Broadly speaking this shift in the pattern explains the intent of UPSC, which is in the quest to find the finest minds to govern the country. However, for the quest to be fruitful it would be appropriate from the part of UPSC to examine the candidate’s awareness about the society in which he is living. Static knowledge would prove inefficient for such an analysis. Society is dynamic and are subjected to changes. A Civil Servant should have the skills of a barrister and also that of a diplomat in order to cope with the changing society and also show the cognitive skills to coordinate, mobilize arguments and achieve consensus in regard to the execution of his duty. This analytical nature of the duty demands the aspirants to have an analytical mind and awareness of the society. This awareness can be imparted only through a broad reading which is beyond the textbook knowledge.
Realizing its significance we treat of current affairs as a separate subject, as its relevance is more than 50% of the civil services syllabus.
Having read the extensive current affairs from the IAS ABHIYAN’s different Initiatives, IAS ABHIYAN’s current affairs team believes that students would now be provided monthly current affairs in form of TOPIC FOR PRELIMS-2020.
This new current affairs programme will cover from May-2018 to May-2020.
The current affairs were covered from the standard sources like PIB, AIR, Rajya Sabha TV, The Hindu, Indian Express, Times of India, Downtoearth etc.
If you have been skipping any of these very crucial sources of current affairs, you must know your next step already. Grab your subscriptions today.
Now, you have in your hand the ultimate success mantra to crack IAS exam and get high ranks. Let the world see your charm, with the best version of you! Wishing a very Good Luck to all our future Administrators!
1. IAS ABHIYAN’s Current Affairs Programme is for the individual only. In case a student (s) is/are found /involved in any violation of copyrights of current affairs, the admission to the programme will stand automatically be cancelled.
2. The current affairs will be provided through PDF form only and will be sent to your subscribed mail id. In no case the same will be provided through hard copy.
3. After successful subscription, sent us your Transaction ID /Personal details at firstname.lastname@example.org for taking necessary steps at this end.
4. Fee once paid is non-refundable and non-transferable in all circumstances.
5. IAS ABHIYAN reserves all rights to make any changes in schedule, if need so arises.
6. IAS ABHIYAN reserves all rights related to admission of Crash Course on Current Affairs-2020. After successful subscription wait for our confirmation. Within 48 hours of your subscription we will give you a confirmation message.
Do not create a case (Like Confirmation mail/Materials not received etc.) at Instamojo. After confirmation from instamojo we will add your name to our programme and the materials will be sent positively through your subscribed mail id (PDF Format only).
For any query related to this programme contact us at email@example.com.
The complete current affairs will be provided @ Rs.222/- (Rupees Two Hundred and Twenty Two only)
Translate to Hindi»
error: Content is protected !!
Prelim-cum-Mains Integrated Programme-2020 launched
UPSC Prelims Test Series-2020 launched