The Union Minister of Rural Development has launched the CRISP-M Tool i.e. Climate Resilience Information System and Planning tool.
About the CRISP-M Tool
- CRISP-M is a web and mobile phone-based Geographic Information System (GIS) aided tool that has been designed to help communities make climate-smart decisions.
- The tool will help integrate climate information in the GIS-based planning and implementation of Mahatma Gandhi NREGA.
- This tool will be used in seven states where the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Government of UK and Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India are jointly working towards climate resilience.
- The states are Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Rajasthan.
- The implementation of CRISP-M will open up new possibilities for Rural communities to deal with climate change.
- It is helping poor and vulnerable people to cope with climate change and protecting them from weather-related disasters.
- With the launch of this CRISP-M tool, the integration of climate information in GIS based watershed planning will be possible and that would further strengthen planning of climate resilient works under Mahatma Gandhi NREGS.
Economy Current Affairs : Click Here
Visit Abhiyan PEDIA (One of the Most Followed / Recommended) for UPSC Revisions: Click Here
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram: Click on the Below link to Join our Channels to stay Updated
IAS Abhiyan Official: Click Here to Join
For UPSC Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join