- The Government has set up a Defence Acquisition Council headed by the Defence Minister for decision making in regard to the totality of the new planning process.
- Which inter-alia involves according ‘in principle’ approval of Capital Acquisitionsin the long term perspective plan and for each Capital Acquisition programme.
- The decision flowing from the Defence Acquisition Council are to be implemented by the following 3 Boards –
- Defence Procurement Board headed by the Defence Secretary
- Defence Production Board headed by the Secretary (Defence Production)
- Defence Research & Development Board headed by the Secretary (Defence Research & Development)