- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy hosted the First Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA), 2nd Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Energy Ministerial Meet, 2nd Global RE-Invest Meet & Expo that concluded today at the India Expo Mart in the National Capital Region.
- As many as 21 countries adopted the Delhi Declaration on Renewable Energy, post the 2nd IORA Renewable Energy Ministerial Meeting held at the 2nd Global Re-Invest India-ISA Partnership Renewable Energy Investors’ Meet & Expo.
- The Delhi Declaration calls for collaboration among IORA member states in meeting the growing demand for renewable energy in the Indian Ocean littorals, development of a common renewable energy agenda for the Indian ocean region and promote regional capacity building.
- The declaration also calls for promotion of technology development and transfer, strengthening of public private partnerships in renewable energy and collaboration among IORA member states and the member nations of the International Solar Alliance (ISA). IORA member countries also resolved to collaborate with the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).
- The three day 2nd Global RE-Invest Meet & Expo witnessed power-packed sessions like the Chief Ministerial Plenary that was attended by Himachal Pradesh, Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Uttar Pradesh sharing the renewable energy policy initiatives implemented by these states. Between 3rd to 5th October, states like Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Punjab showcased their policy initiatives to attract investors in their state specific sessions.
- During the three day Re-Invest 2018, nine country sessions were organised by leading RE countries such as France, USA, European Union, Australia, UK, Finland.