The unique and flagship initiative “Dhara: Ode to Indian Knowledge Systems”, taken up under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav by Ministry of Culture has completed one year in February 2023.
About Dhara Initiative
- During its yearlong activities, it has been successful in creating public awareness, stakeholder participation and helped to devise a framework for the promotion and revival of multiple domains of Indian Knowledge Systems.
- Dhara embodies that idea of ‘continuous flow’ of knowledge and wisdom from one age to another, being adopted, questioned and modified over time so that we not only move ahead to the next level of insights across various fields but do so on the back of the work that is already available to us from our past.
- The Indian Knowledge Systems (IKS) Division of the Ministry of Education located at AICTE, New Delhi is the key execution partner for Dhara events.
- The Dhara series has been a pivotal force in awakening national consciousness to its unbroken civilizational heritage and knowledge systems.
- It has created an emphasis in propagating and preserving the historicity and diversity of these traditions, creating innovative methodologies to bring them to the national consciousness, the importance incentivizing local traditions and knowledge systems, facilitating collaborative efforts between practitioners, ministries, scholars and the public, empowering the youth to spearhead the national movement and importantly, encouraging rigor and excellence in academic research in various domains of Indian Knowledge Systems (IKS).
- The Dhara series has also highlighted the need to capitalize on multimedia and multimodal representations of IKS and the importance of understanding both the diversity and depth of a particular knowledge domain in this system while diving deep into our traditions and history so that the future generations can engage meaningfully with it.
Visit Abhiyan PEDIA (One of the Most Followed / Recommended) for UPSC Revisions: Click Here
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram: Click on the Below link to Join our Channels to stay Updated
IAS Abhiyan Official: Click Here to Join
For UPSC Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join