Digital India Corporation is a not for profit Company set up by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India, under Section 8 of Companies Act 2013. Earlier the company was known as ‘Media Lab Asia’. It has been renamed as ‘Digital India Corporation’ w.e.f. Sep 8, 2017.
- Digital India Corporation (DIC) leads and guides in realizing the vision, objectives and goals of the Digital India program.
- It provides the strategic support to Ministries/Departments of Centre/States for carrying forward the mission of Digital India by way of Capacity Building for e-Governance projects, promoting best practises, encouraging Public-Private Partnerships (PPP), nurturing innovation and technology in various domains.
- To ensure autonomy and viability of the organisation in the long run,
- DIC, will also collaborate and mobilise partnerships with the industry, to evolve revenue based models for service delivery.
- To undertake these functions, Digital India Corporation will attract talent and resources both from government and market. The judicious mix of talent will ensure that Government is equipped with a broad spectrum of resources for successful design of Digital India related projects.