The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), the premier anti-smuggling intelligence and investigation agency of the country, has completed 60 years (Diamond jubilee) of its establishment.
- The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) is an Indian intelligence agency.
- It was constituted on 4th December 1957.
- DRI is the major intelligence agency which eradicates smuggling of drugs, gold, diamonds, electronics, foreign currency, counterfeit Indian currency, etc.
- The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence functions under the Central Board of Excise and Customs in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue.
- The Directorate is run by officers from Central Excise and Customs.
- The organisation runs on much smaller staff than other intelligence agencies.
- Though its early days were committed to combating smuggling in of gold, it now also addresses narcotics and economic crimes.
Source:PIB & Wiki