- The Defence and Research Development Organization (DRDO) has successfully flight tested the Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW), from an Indian Air Force (IAF) aircraft.
- SAAW, an indigenously designed and developed 120 kg. class smart weapon, developed by DRDO, is capable of engaging ground targets with high precision up to a range of 100 kms.
- The light-weight high precision guided bomb is one of the world class weapons systems.
- The captive and release trials were tracked by Radar and Telemetry ground stations at ITR during the entire duration of the flight.
- The performance of all systems were satisfactory with all the mission objectives achieved.