Recently, the Union Minister for Labour and Employment has launched the logo of the e-Shram portal.
What is e-Shram Portal?
The government aims to register 38 crore unorganised workers, such as construction labourers, migrant workforce, street vendors and domestic workers, among others.
- The workers will be issued an e-Shram card containing a 12 digit unique number, which, going ahead, will help in including them in social security schemes
How will the registration for workers happen on the portal?
- The registration of workers on the portal will be coordinated by the Labour Ministry, state governments, trade unions and CSCs.
- Awareness campaigns would be planned across the country to enable nationwide registration of workers.
- Following the launch of the portal, workers from the unorganised sector can begin their registration from the same day.
- A national toll free number 14434 will also be launched to assist and address the queries of workers seeking registration on the portal.
- A worker can register on the portal using his/her Aadhaar card number and bank account details, apart from filling other necessary details like date of birth, home town, mobile number and social category.
Benefits of e-Shram Portal
- Acceptable across the country
- Accidental Insurance Coverage through PM Suraksha Bima Yojana(PMSBY) for a year.
- Rs. 2 Lakh for accidental benefits death and permanent disability and Rs. 1 Lakh for partial disability.
- Social Security benefits to be delivered through this portal
- Helpful for State & Central Governments while providing assistance during calamities /pandemics.
To Know more about other Government Portals : Click Here