- e-Vidhan is a Mission Mode Project to digitize and make the functioning of State Legislatures paperless.
- This is part of Digital India programme and Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, being the Nodal Ministry for this project.
- It desires to roll out e-Vidhan as NeVA covering all 40 Houses including two Houses of Parliament and thereby putting all them on a single platform and proving the theory of ‘One Nation One Application’.
- It is to be used by the Legislatures as well as all the Government Departments.
- This journey began with a pilot project executed in Himachal Pradesh with the central assistance of Rs.8.12 crores which made the Shimla Legislative Assembly the first Assembly in India to go paperless in 2014.
- This project resulted into overall savings of about Rs.5.08 crores annually on account of expenditure on papers, printing, manpower costs and conservation of forests/ trees as ancillary benefits.