Economic Survey for UPSC
Economic Survey is an Important Document For UPSC Prelims & Mains Examination. The Aspirants Can Not Ignore Economic Survey for UPSC At Any Cost. Most of the questions related to Indian Economy are directly or indirectly asked from the Economic Survey.
What Is Economic Survey ?
- Economic survey is annual document prepared by Department of Economic Affairs, the Ministry of Finance under the guidance of Chief Economic Advisor.
- It is regarded as the official report card of the union government which gives a road map for the country’s economy and spells the way forward. It provides a summary of the annual economic development across the country during the financial year.
Who Prepare Economic Survey Of India ?
- The Economic Survey document is Prepared by the Economics Division of the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) under the guidance of the Chief Economic Advisor.
- It is usually presented a day before the Union Budget is presented in the Parliament.
When Was India First Economic Survey Was Presented ?
- The first Economic Survey in India was presented in the year 1950-51. Up to 1964, it was presented along with the Union Budget. From 1964 onwards, it has been de-linked from the Budget.
To Download Economic Survey PDF for UPSC Click on the Volumes
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram