- Government’s EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) reform index has been released.
About the Index:
- EASE index is prepared by the Indian Banking Association (IBA) and Boston Consulting Group.
- It is commissioned by the Finance Ministry.
- It is a framework that was adopted last year to strengthen public sector banks, and rank them on metricssuch as responsible banking, financial inclusion, credit offtake and digitisation.
Findings of the report:
- Punjab National Bank has topped the list. It is followed by Bank of Baroda, State Bank of India (SBI), and Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- The EASE Index report also noted PSU banks’ strengthening of the bad-loan recovery process, pointing to the success of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) in fast-tracking the resolution process.