- Exercise KAZIND-2018, a joint military exercise between Indian and Kazakhstan Armies, commenced in Otar Military Area, Kazakhstan.
- This is the third edition of joint military training exercise between Indian Army and Kazakhstan Army.
- The joint training aims to build & promote army to army relations and exchange skills & experiences between Indian Army and the Kazakhstan Army. Due emphasis will be laid on increasing interoperability between forces from both countries which is crucial for success of any joint operation.
- Both sides will jointly train, plan and execute a series of well developed tactical drills for neutralisation of likely threats that may be encountered in urban warfare scenario.
- Ex KAZIND-2018 will contribute immensely in developing mutual understanding and respect for each other’s military.