- As part of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) initiatives, SCO Peace Mission Exercise is conducted biennially for SCO member states.
More about the Mission:
- The joint exercise for the year 2018 will be conducted by Central Military Commission of Russia from 22 August to 29 August 2018 at Chebarkul, Chelyabinsk, Russia.
- This will be a historic occasion due to the maiden participation of India post becoming a full member of the SCO in June 2017.
- This exercise marks a major milestone in the multilateral relations of SCO member nations.
- The exercise will involve tactical level operations in an international counter insurgency or counter terrorism environment under SCO Charter.
- The joint exercise will strengthen mutual confidence, interoperability and enable sharing of best practices among armed forces of SCO Nations. It will be a landmark event in the history of SCO defence cooperation.