Facility for Low Carbon Technology Deployment
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), commemorated its 20th Foundation Day by organising the National Innovation Conclave on Low Carbon Technologies.
- This conclave provided a platform to present the innovations showing benefits of energy savings and greenhouse gas emission reduction potential when deployed at a large scale in industrial and commercial sectors.
- The event showcased many low carbon technology innovations developed and validated with the support of FLCTD project. More than 35 innovators participated in the exposition organised under the event.
About Facility for Low Carbon Technology Deployment (FLCTD):
- Facility for Low Carbon Technology Deployment (FLCTD) Project was launched in 2016 with an objective to identify innovative energy efficiency and low carbon technology solutions that address the existing technology gaps in Indian industrial and commercial sectors.
- FLCTD project is financed by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and implemented by the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) in collaboration with the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE).
- FLCTD has identified six priority technology verticals for ‘Innovation Challenge’.
- The project conducts annual innovation challenge and invites participation from industry, innovators, and technical institutes in the following areas:
- Waste Heat Recovery, Space Conditioning, Pumps, Pumping Systems and Motors, Industrial IoT, Industrial Resource Efficiency and Electrical Energy Storage.
- FLCTD project have already developed 18 new techniques and of which 12 have been commercialised.
Visit Abhiyan PEDIA (One of the Most Followed / Recommended) for UPSC Revisions: Click Here
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram: Click on the Below link to Join our Channels to stay Updated
IAS Abhiyan Official: Click Here to Join
For UPSC Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join