About the Geo Spatial Data Policy
(1) Prior approvals for surveying, mapping and building applications will be eliminated.
(a) Prior approvals
(b) Security clearances
(c) Clearances for acquisition and production of geo spatial data & services
Benefits of deregulation:
(1) It will be helpful for planning for infrastructure, development and businesses which are data-based.
(2) It will increase private investment into the sector.
(3) It will be helpful for disaster management in case of natural calamities.
(4) Competitive sector will improve data accuracy.
(5) It will generate employment in this sector.
(6) It will give push to Indian companies under Atmanirbhar Bharat.
Geo Spatial data
(1) It is data about objects, events, or phenomena that have a location on the surface of the earth.
(2) The location may be static like the location of a road, an earthquake event, or dynamic like a moving vehicle or pedestrian, the spread of an infectious disease.
(3) It also includes temporal information or the time at which the location and attributes exist.
(4) It involves information of public interest such as roads, localities, rail lines, water bodies, and public amenities.
For more Science and Technology Current Affairs: Click Here