- The second edition of the Goa Bird Festival will be held from January 12 to 14 at Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, Canacona.
- Goa is said to have over 440 species of birds out of over 1,200 in the country.
- Some of the birds are endemic to the region as the State offers a unique confluence of two diverse ecosystems — tropical forests and marine.
- The festival will host some of the country’s top naturalists, photographers and artists as resource persons.
- Bird walks are being planned with experts and guides in Cotigao and the adjoining Netravali Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Netravali Wildlife Sanctuary is located in South Eastern Goa, India.
- It constitutes one of the vital corridors of the Western Ghats and covers an area of 211.05 km2.
- Netravali or Neturli is an important tributary of River Zuari, which originates in the sanctuary. Forests mostly consist of moist deciduous vegetation interspersed with evergreen and semi-evergreen habitat. It is adjacent to Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve, Karnataka on the eastern side, Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary,
- Goa on the southern side and Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary and Mollem National Park on the northern side which in turn forms a contiguous protected area along with Madei Wildlife Sanctuary, Goa and Bhimgad Wildlife Sanctuary, Karnataka.
Source:TH & WIki