Recently, Good Governance Index 2021 launched on Good Governance Day, December 25 prepared by DARPG on Good Governance Day at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
Key Findings of Good Governance Index 2021
- Gujarat, Maharashtra and Goa top the composite rank score covering 10 sectors.
- Gujarat registered 12.3 percent increase and Goa registered 24.7 percent increase over GGI 2019 indicators.
- Gujarat has performed strongly in 5 of the 10 sectors including economic governance, human resource development, public infrastructure and utilities, social welfare and development, judiciary and public safety.
- Maharashtra has performed strongly in agriculture and allied sector, human resource development, public infrastructure and utilities, social welfare and development.
- Goa has performed strongly in agriculture and allied sector, commerce and industry, public infrastructure and utilities, economic governance, social welfare and development and environment.
- Uttar Pradesh has shown an incremental growth of 8.9 % over GGI 2019 performance. Among the sectors, UP has secured top position in Commerce & Industry sector and has also shown increase in Social Welfare & Development and Judiciary & Public Safety. Uttar Pradesh has also performed in citizen centric governance including public grievance redressal.
- Jharkhand has shown an incremental growth of 12.6 percent over GGI 2019 performance. Jharkhand has performed strongly in 7 sectors of the 10 sectors.
- Rajasthan has shown an incremental growth of 1.7 percent over the GGI 2019 performance. Rajasthan has topped the Other States (Group B) category in Judiciary and Public Safety, Environment & Citizen Centric Governance.
- The North-East and Hill States category,
- Mizoram and Jammu and Kashmir have registered an overall increase of 10.4% and 3.7% respectively over GGI 2019. Mizoram has performed strongly in commerce and industry, human resource development, public health and economic governance.
- Jammu & Kashmir has performed strongly in Commerce & Industry sector and has improved its scores in Agriculture & Allied Sector, Public Infrastructure and Utilities and Judiciary and Public Safety sectors.
- The Union Territories category,
- Delhi tops the composite rank registering a 14 percent increase over the GGI 2019 indicators. Delhi has performed strongly in Agriculture & Allied Sectors, Commerce & Industry, Public Infrastructure and Utilities and Social Welfare & Development.
Top ranking States in the Sectors as well as in Composite Ranks is as follows:
|Sectors||Group A||Group B||NE & Hill States||UTs|
|Agriculture & Allied Sector||Andhra Pradesh||Madhya Pradesh||Mizoram||D & N Haveli|
|Commerce and Industry||Telangana||Uttar Pradesh||J & K||Daman & Diu|
|Human Resource Development||Punjab||Odisha||Himachal Pradesh||Chandigarh|
|Public Health||Kerala||West Bengal||Mizoram||A & N Island|
|Public Infrastructure and Utilities||Goa||Bihar||Himachal Pradesh||A & N Island|
|Social Welfare and Development||Telangana||Chhattisgarh||Sikkim||D & N Haveli|
|Judiciary and Public Safety||Tamil Nadu||Rajasthan||Nagaland||Chandigarh|
|Environment||Kerala||Rajasthan||Manipur||Daman & Diu|
|Citizen Centric Governance||Haryana||Rajasthan||Uttarakhand||Delhi|
|Composite||Gujarat||Madhya Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh||Delhi|
About Good Governance Index
- Good Governance Index, GGI 2021 Framework covered ten sectors and 58 indicators.
- The sectors of GGI 2020-21 are 1) Agriculture and Allied Sectors, 2) Commerce & Industries, 3) Human Resource Development, 4) Public Health, 5.) Public Infrastructure & Utilities, 6) Economic Governance, 7) Social Welfare & Development, 8) Judicial & Public Security, 9) Environment, and 10) Citizen-Centric Governance. The GGI 2020-21 categorises States and UTs into four categories, i.e., (i) Other States – Group A; (ii) Other States – Group B; (iii) North-East and Hill States; and (iv) Union Territories.
Visit Abhiyan PEDIA (One of the Most Followed / Recommended) for UPSC Revisions: Click Here
IAS Abhiyan’s Most Popular Courses
IAS Abhiyan Prelims inShots has been launched for Prelims 2022@75/-: Click here to Subscribe
IAS Abhiyan Main Value Edition Pro-Series is available @99/-.–Click here to Know
IAS Abhiyan Current Affairs Course for Prelims-2022 is now available @199/-. Click here to Know
IAS Abhiyan Advance Learning Programme (ALP)-2022 is available now @599/-. Click here to Know
IAS Abhiyan Prelims Mock Test Series: Lakshya 2022 is available now @199/-. Click here to Know
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram: Click on the Below link to Join our Channels to stay Updated
IAS Abhiyan Official: Click Here to Join
For UPSC Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join