- The government has announced four new schemes to promote young scientists and researchers in the country.
- Science and Technology Minister said the Teacher Associateship for Research Excellence Scheme will connect the educators to leading institutions such as IIT, IISc and CSIR to pursue research. They will be paid Rs 5 lakh yearly, and a monthly out-of-pocket expense of Rs 5,000.
- The second scheme – Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship – offers support to 100 PhD scholars for training in universities/laboratories abroad up to 12 months during their research.
- The third scheme – Distinguished Investigator Award – offers a maximum of 100 fellowships to principal investigators of Science and Engineering Research.
- The fourth scheme ‘Augmenting Writing Skills for Articulating Research (AWSAR)’ aims to encourage science writing.