- Compounds found in grapes can kill colon cancer cells and may lead to novel treatments to prevent the deadly disease, according to scientists including those of Indian origin.
- Cancer stem cells are capable of self-renewal, cellular differentiation and maintain their stem cell-like characteristics even after invasion and metastasis, researchers said.
- according to cancer stem-cell theory, cancerous tumours are driven by cancer stem cells.
- The compounds called resveratrol, which are found in grape skins and seeds, could also eventually lead to treatments to help prevent colon cancer.
- The combination of resveratrol and grape seed extract is very effective at killing colon cancer cells and what we are learning is the combination of these compounds is not toxic to healthy cells.