- In the quest of more sustainable energy sources, scientists have developed ‘grassoline’ — a biofuel derived from grass that could one day power aircraft.
- Researchers investigated methods that can disintegrate and treat grass until it can be used as a fuel.
- “Due to its vast abundance, grass is the perfect source of energy,”.
- “Right now the amount of biofuel that can be made from grass is still limited to a few drops. The current process is very expensive, and engines should be adapted to this new kind of fuel,”
- “If we can keep working on optimising this process in cooperation with the business world, we can come down on the price. And maybe in a few years we can all fly on grass!”
Source: The Hindu