- The BCCI and United Nations Environment on May 27, 2018 signed an agreement to promote green’ cricket in India.
- The main aim of the partnership is to spread greater awareness about key environmental challenges that are facing the country and highlight alternate and more sustainable solutions.
- Through the agreement, the BCCI will endeavor to reduce its environmental impact by greening its operations and engaging cricketers and fans in green initiatives.
- The partnership will help make cricket green and sensitise spectators towards minimising waste generation during matches.
- It will also focus on phasing out single-use plastic across stadiums in the country.